Welcome to our school
Dear Parents and Carers,
Welcome to Cooks Spinney Primary Academy and Nursery.
Cooks Spinney Primary School and Nursery (Academy) was formed on 1st December 2013 for children aged 3 to 11. We are part of the Burnt Mill Academy Trust which is a small co-operative trust of 6 schools - Cooks Spinney Primary, Freshwaters Primary Academy, Roydon Primary, Little Parndon Primary, Forest Hall School and Burnt Mill Secondary Academy.
Cooks Spinney Primary Academy and Nursery is a safe, happy and caring school where everyone is accepted and treated with respect. We have an effective leadership team with an Assistant Head of School in each of our key stages which enables us to drive standards in each of the key areas. Our children are encouraged to develop enquiring minds that will give them an important introduction to a lifetime of learning. We value home school partnerships and share the responsibility with you for educating your child, academically, socially and morally. We believe that it is essential for all children to acquire the basic social, literacy and numeracy skills to become confident and effective learners. We also share your expectation that your child will achieve their very best in every aspect of their learning during their time at Cooks Spinney Primary Academy and Nursery.
Cooks Spinney Primary Academy and Nursery is a place where children believe in their future and that hard work and determination will help us to achieve our goals. Our main corridor is a collection of Aspirational Apples from each of our children. Every child has thought about what they would like to do when they grow up and has then considered what they need to do to achieve that. We are very proud of our ambitions and are happy to share them with you.
We have a thriving wildlife area and our own pond which is already home to many creatures and gives us plenty of learning opportunities. As we develop our curriculum we intend to develop all areas of the school both inside and out into purposeful learning environments. We like to get outdoors as much as possible and try to teach activities from across the curriculum in one of our outdoor areas. As part of our rich curriculum we use Wow Days to inspire pupils at the beginning of new topics which include educational trips and experts coming into school to share information with us.
Swimming is an important part of our school curriculum. Once in KS2, all children are given the opportunity to attend Swimming Lessons as part of their school day. We use the Swimming facilities at Burnt Mill Academy and Freshwaters Academy.
We communicate to Parents and Carers through our weekly newsletter and Twitter page. Follow us on Twitter @CooksSpinney.
We look forward to working with you.
Mr S Pope
- Admissions Policy 2016-201711th Jun 2015
- Attendance Policy01st Sep 2015
- Behaviour Policy (Additional)09th Jun 2015
- BMAT E Safety Policy 201519th Feb 2015
- BMAT Redundancy and Restructuring Procedure - 2015-1610th Feb 2016
- BMAT School Offer 201426th Mar 2015
- British Values at Cooks Spinney Primary Academy and Nursery16th Dec 2015
- Code of Conduct Policy26th Mar 2015
- Cooks Spinney Behaviour Policy26th Mar 2015
- Cooks Spinney Calculation Policy03rd May 2016
- Cooks Spinney Primary Admissions from Sept 201723rd Mar 2016
- Emergency School Closures Policy - Cooks Spinney Primary28th Apr 2015
- Golden Rules Booklet26th Mar 2015
- Homework Policy09th Jun 2015
- Redundancy and Restructuring Procedure 2015-201611th Feb 2016
- Safeguarding Policy 2015-201607th Dec 2015
- Special Educational Needs and Disability School Offer 14-1526th Mar 2015
- Uniform Policy28th Apr 2015